The benefits of dates include freedom from constipation, indigestion, heart problems, anemia, sexual dysfunction, diarrhea, abdominal cancer, and other conditions. Dates are also very good for gaining weight. Dates are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. These delicious dates contain oil, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, copper and magnesium which are beneficial for health. Some health experts say that consuming one date per day is necessary for a balanced and healthy diet.
The health benefits of dates have made this fruit the best raw material for muscle development. People consume dates in various ways; Mix date dough with milk, yogurt, or with bread and butter to make it more delicious. Dough dates are beneficial for adults and children, especially when recovering from injury or illness.
Based on a survey of modern medicine, dates have been recognized as helping the process of preventing abdominal cancer. Many Muslims break their fast by eating dates and drinking water according to religious traditions. Iftar by eating dates helps avoid overeating after the fast is over. When the body starts to absorb the nutrients contained in dates, hunger also disappears. Also, the nervous system can be helped by consuming dates, because the nervous system has high amounts of potassium.
Dates are a sweet and multipurpose food that can regulate the digestive process. Dates can increase energy within 30 minutes for those who consume them. The American Cancer Society recommends a fiber intake of 20 to 35 grams per day, which can be met by consuming dates. Consuming 1 date per day is also believed to help maintain eye health for life. Dates are known to be quite effective in protecting the eyes from night blindness.
Nutritional Value of Dates
Dates are a great source of various vitamins and minerals. Dates are a good source of energy, sugar and fiber. Important minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc are found in dates. Dates also contain vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K.
Benefits of Dates for Health
1. Constipation: Dates are often categorized as a laxative. This is why dates are often consumed by people suffering from constipation. To achieve the desired laxative effect, soak the dates in water overnight. Then, eat dates that have been soaked so that they become like syrup to get optimal results. Dates have a high level of fiber, which is very beneficial for stomach health and facilitates bowel movements, thereby relieving symptoms of constipation.
2. Bone Health and Strength: The very high mineral content in dates makes it a super food for strengthening bones and fighting diseases such as osteoporosis. Dates contain selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium; entirely a component of bone growth and strength, especially for people who are aging and their bones begin to weaken. So eat dates and feel the benefits on your bones.
3. Intestinal Disorders: the nicotine content in dates is considered beneficial in curing various intestinal disorders. Regular consumption of dates helps inhibit the growth of pathological organisms and helps stimulate beneficial bacteria in the intestines. For digestive problems, dates contain soluble and insoluble fiber, as well as beneficial amino acids to stimulate the digestion of food and make digestion more efficient, which means that more nutrients will be absorbed by the digestive system and enter the body for proper use.
4. Anemia: Dates have a very high mineral content, which is beneficial for various health conditions, but the high iron content in dates makes it a dietary supplement for those suffering from anemia. The high iron content balances the iron deficiency in anemic patients, increases energy and energy, while reducing fatigue and lethargy.
5. Allergies: one of the most attractive aspects of dates is their organic sulfur content. This element is not a common element found in foods, but has beneficial health benefits, including reducing allergic reactions and seasonal allergies. According to research in 2002, organic sulfur content can have a positive impact on people with SAR (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis), which affects 23 million people in the United States. Dates are a very good way to reduce the effects that arise from seasonal allergies due to the contribution of sulfur from dates.
6. Increase Weight: Dates need to be included in a healthy diet. Dates contain sugar, protein and other important vitamins. If dates are consumed with cucumber mixture, you can keep your body weight normal, balanced, and not too thin. One kilogram of dates contains approximately 3,000 calories, and the calories in dates are sufficient to meet the daily needs of the human body. Of course you need to consume other foods besides dates. If you are thin and want to gain weight, or if you want to work on your muscles to impress a woman, or your body has become weak due to a serious medical problem – then you need to eat dates!
7. Boosts Energy: Dates are high in natural sugars like glucose, fructose and sucrose. Hence, dates are an excellent snack if you need a quick energy boost. Many people in the world consume dates as an afternoon snack when they feel sleepy and tired.
8. Nervous System Health: The vitamin content in dates makes them ideal for improving the health and function of the nervous system. Potassium is one of the main ingredients in promoting a healthy and responsive nervous system, as well as increasing the speed and alertness of brain activity. Therefore, dates are a good source of food for people who are aging and their nervous system is declining, as well as for people who want to keep their minds sharp.
9. Heart Health: Dates are quite helpful in maintaining a healthy heart. If they are soaked overnight, crushed in the morning, then eaten, they will show a positive impact on a weak heart. Dates are also a rich source of potassium, where studies have shown that potassium reduces the risk of stroke and other heart-related diseases. Furthermore, consuming dates is recommended as a healthy and delicious way to reduce the level of LDL cholesterol in the body, which is a major factor in heart attacks, heart disease and stroke. Therefore, if consumed twice as high, dates can significantly maintain heart health.
10. Sexual Problems: Research shows that dates are beneficial for increasing sexual stamina. Soak the dates in pure goat’s milk overnight, then grind them mixed with cardamom powder and honey. This mixture is a very useful tonic to increase sexual endurance and reduce sterility caused by sexual disorders. The scientific research carried out on dates due to the traditional use of them has led to formal research. In 2006, Bahmanpour researched the effects of palm fronds and palm oil on sexual function and found that the high content of estradiol and flavonoids from dates, which increases sperm count and fertility, also helps increase the size and weight of the testes. So if you want to be more masculine; eat dates because dates are a natural sexual remedy.
11. Night blindness: the benefits of dates are numerous, and it is often used to treat conditions that affect the ears, nose and throat. If the leaves of date palms are crushed and rubbed around the eyes, or when the dates are eaten, it is proven that they can reduce the frequency of night blindness, and this solution is often used in rural areas where dates are grown for use as an alternative medicine.
12. Overcoming Hangovers: Dates are often used as medicine to treat hangovers due to alcohol. Dates provide instant relief and wake you up if you have been consuming large amounts of alcohol. Dates can also be used the next day to prevent dizziness due to hangovers. To get maximum results, massage and soak the dates overnight.
13. Diarrhea: Ripe dates contain potassium, which is known to be effective in controlling diarrhea. Dates are also easy to swallow, which helps relieve chronic diarrhea. The soluble fiber in dates can also aid in healing diarrhea, by helping the intestines function and promoting normal and healthy function of the excretory system.
14. Abdomen Cancer: research shows dates as a recognized way to reduce the risk and impact of abdominal cancer. Dates work as a beneficial tonic for all age groups, and in some cases, they work better than traditional medicine, and are natural, so they have no negative impact on the human body. Dates can be digested quickly and easily for quick energy gain. Although dates have a large nutritional content, the date selection process needs to be paid attention to because the surface of the dates is very sticky, which causes some unwanted things to stick to the skin. Therefore, you should consume dates that are processed and packaged properly. Also make sure to wash the dates thoroughly before you eat them, because this will help clean the dirt on the surface of the dates.